Common causes of headaches include: stress; tension; anxiety; allergies; constipation; coffee consumption; eyestrain; hunger; sinus pressure; muscle tension; hormonal imbalances; temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome; trauma to the head; nutritional deficiencies; the use of alcohol, drugs or tobacco; fever; and exposure to irritants such as pollution, perfume, or after-shave lotion. The brain itself is insensitive to pain. Most probably, the pain of headaches is due to dilatation of the arteries or to pressure of some sort. The dilatation may be in response to nervous stimuli, or the pain may arise from the neck muscles, or scalp, or from other nearby organs.
Ferrum phosphoricum 3X
This biochemic salt is useful as a first-aid for the congested, throbbing headaches associated with the dilatation of arteries. It is the chief remedy in the headaches of children.
- Inflammatory headaches from cold and from heat of the sun with a bruising, pressing, stitching, or throbbing pain in temples or over eyes.
- Congestive headache at menses.
- Soreness of the scalp.
- Pain is worse with motion or noise, and worse stooping or shaking head.
- Headache with vomiting of undigested food.
- Headache is better pressing a cold object to the spot.
- Tongue is furry.
- Headache is worse on the right side, from vertex to supraorbital region.
- Headache with red face and eyes.
- Rush of blood to the head.
- Headache following injury to the head.
Kali phosphoricum 3X
- Nervous headaches.
- Patient is sensitive to noise.
- There is irritability and confusion.
- Pain is relieved by gentle motion.
- Headaches in students due to fatigue.
- Tongue is brownish yellow with foul breath.
- There is a pain and weight at the back of the eyes and head.
- Patient is better eating.
- Severe pain in the left mastoid.
- There is a loss of strength, sleeplessness, despondency, weariness, yawning, stretching, prostration.
- Hysterical headaches.
- Headaches before bilious vomiting.
- Neuralgic headaches; humming in ears.
- Patient hears noises in their head before falling asleep.
- Menstrual headaches with hunger.
- Headache is worse with motion and open air
Magnesia phosphorica 3X
This remedy has specific action on the muscular tissue itself and ameliorates any pains, which are darting, spasmodic in character, boring, lightning-like, and accompanied by a constrictive feeling. All of these descriptive words appropriately apply to many kinds of headache pain.
- Pain of headache is excruciating.
- Spasmodic symptoms.
- Neuralgic and rheumatic headaches.
- Shooting or stinging pains.
- Shifting pain.
- Headaches caused by occipital problems.
- Nervous headaches.
- Pain is worse in the occipital region & after mental labor.
- Headache is better with warm application.
Natrum muriaticum 3X
This tissue salt is primarily directed to those headaches, which are mainly in the forehead and temples, of the congestive type.
- Patient experiences dull, heavy headaches, with drowsiness.
- Sleep is not refreshing.
- Headaches with constipation.
- Frontal sinus inflammation.
- Headaches with vomiting of clear phlegm or water; stringy mucous.
- Headaches which occur before, during, and after menses.
- Headaches start in the morning after waking, lasting until noon.
- Catarrhal headaches.
- Hammering headaches, generally worse in the morning.
Ferrum phosphoricum…………….. 3X
Kali phosphoricum…………………. 3X
Magnesia phosphorica…………….. 3X
Natrum muriaticum……………….. 3X
Non-medicinal ingredients: Croscarmellose sodium, monohydrate lactose, magnesium stearate.
Adults and children 12 years & older 4 tablets; children (6-11 years) 2 tablets; children (1-5 years) 1 tablet, all ages take 4 times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. For children under 5 years of age, dissolve tablet in water.
Cautions and warning
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken.
For more information please consult your health care practitioner.